Quick create functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having a problem with quick create, I would like the case entity to be available in the big plus button in the main navigation bar between to "Recently viewed records" and "Advanced find" however I do not wan´t the quick create forms for the case entity in subgrids, it seems that quick create needs to be enabled to get the entity into the plus button at the top, but by enabling the quick create I am stuck with the quick create forms from subgrids, modifying the field requirement is not an options.

Is there a way for me around this problem?

Best regards

Halldor

Halldór Jóhannsson

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:18 AM

All replies

• Anyone anything?

Best regards,
    Halldór

Halldór Jóhannsson

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:18 AM
  • If you want to disable create from the sub grid can you not use a hide action if the ribbondiffxml?
    Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:01 PM
  • Greetings Chris,

Thank you for the reply, I am not trying to disable the create function, just the quick create form, I prefer the functionality that when someone clicks the new button that they get the full form not the quick create one, only way to change that seem to be by unchecking the quick create checkbox on the entity, that removes the entity from the big plus button in the main navigation bar and I would like the new button there to have the entity.

Recap, 

I need the quick create checked for the + button in the main navigation bar to work.
    I need the quick create unchecked for the + button in subgrids so I don´t get the quick create form.
    Users need to be able to create records from subgrids.

These requirements are at odds since for 1 functionality I need the quick create checked and for the other I need it unchecked.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Monday, October 16, 2017 10:02 AM
  • I do agree that sometimes the developers seem to have made assumptions that restrict functionality unnecessarily. Received wisdom says the top bar + only opens quick create forms, except the task entity! Did you try disabling the quick create form by exporting and altering form state and re-import? Otherwise I think its either convince users of the benefit of quick create (you can still add lots of fields!) or unsupported behaviour changing to open your preferred formid. Chris
    Monday, October 16, 2017 7:42 PM