Live OneCare vs. Choice (?) RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Choice. = Essential. [Live OneCare VS. Choice (FireEngine Red "AT RISK" Status When Choice Regarding Windows Updates is Enabled.)] There is no current settings change that one can manage to set OneCare to accept Automatic Updates User Choice. "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them." Vista Secure. Windows Choice. OneCare trap with no exit. In my opinion and to the best of my knowledge this is the case and ought to be Fixed. Corrected. Remedied. Thank you for reading..

-"Hope eternal through shortcomings; Faith to believe positives are possible even at failure; Adjust Perceptions for Perserverence through all. Tread above the waters of negative to the Light to see through Darkness. The Mind Can 'Walk on Water'."

-Matthew Paul Olson

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:02 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback. There are many, myself included, who believe that OneCare simplistic requirement that AU be set to automatically download and install is too simplistic. I would prefer that OneCare accept any setting other than off and that it be smart enough to change its status based on updates offered, but not installed. The longer you delay installing a critical update offered via AU, your status should change to red. However, that request for a feature change has not been implemented, so we're stuck with what we have now.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:57 AM