SharePoint-MOSS/Communicator Integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    We're a SharePoint MOSS shop and have recently installed OCS.   We have noticed that when viewing fellow associates "Contact Cards" in communicator that some users have a link to thier SharePoint "My Site" and others do not.   My initial instinct was that the users who didn't have the My Site link in their Contact Card were probably users who haven't built out their My Site but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I've verified that several users do have a built out My Site but do not have the My site link when viewing their contact card in Communicator.

Any idea what triggers the addition of the My Site link in the Communicator Contact Card???

Thanks!
    Brent

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:44 PM

Answers

• Check the Web Page field on the user's General Tab in Active Directory Users and Computers (the wWWHomePage AD attrbiute).  This value should be what appears on the contact card as the user's home page.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:18 PM

All replies

• Check the Web Page field on the user's General Tab in Active Directory Users and Computers (the wWWHomePage AD attrbiute).  This value should be what appears on the contact card as the user's home page.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:18 PM
  • Ok, helpful.  It looks like for those particular users, there is no URL.   Sound like more of a SharePoint issue that it's not updating AD with a URL.  I'll post there.

Thx,
    Brent
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:38 PM
  • I believe that the SharePoint <> AD synchronize process will sync updates to attribute when changes are written, but if a valid is completely wiped out then SP doesn't see that as a 'change'. The change is ignored and AD attribute remains blank, although the matched field in SP will still show that data.  I ran into that issue during a migration project a year ago and we noticed that behavior.  Repopulating the AD attributes directly (ADUC or LDIF import) took care of the missing data.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:21 PM