none
INFORMATION ON AN UNSOLICITED HOTMAIL EMAIL RECEIVED - - IS THIS GENUINE OR A SCAM ??

Question

• Guys I always thought I was reasonably inteeligent, worldy, street smart....Not a gullible fool but yesterday I received this unsolicited and well frankly I have no idea

I even tried to write the sender but No Answer.

Is this request for real or a scammer just phishing in a sea of hope.

NATALEE

ALERT YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT!!!!!!!‏

Medium risk You may not know this sender. Mark as safe |Mark as junk
    Sent: Sunday, 20 June 2010 5:02:51 PM
    To: customer_account_alert@live.com
    .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
    Windows Live Hotmail Alert!!!
                    Dear Valued Hotmail Account Owner,
    *This is email from Windows Live Hotmail® and we are sending it to you account user for your safety. Due to the anonymous registration of our account which is causing congestion to our service, so we are shutting down some account and your account was amoung those to be deleted,so the purpose of this email is for you to verify that you are the owner of this account and you are still using it by filling the information below after clicking on the reply button:

* Username: .........    * Password: ..............     * Date of Birth: ............     * Country Or Territory: ......   

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.
    Warning!!!  Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after 2weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely
    Windows Live Hotmail.

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.

NATALEE

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:37 AM

All replies

• That is a scam and you left this in a forum about the blogging software Windows Live Writer. Nobody here can help you with your Hotmail problem.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:10 AM
  • This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Unfortunately, you've submitted a query to the wrong forum; but perhaps you can find the right forum(s) here.

Reference Link(s):

For everything Windows LIVE [apps and services]
          https://support.live.com/
          http://windowslivehelp.com/

Hope this helps.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:11 PM