Quote template query RRS feed

• Question

• My quote template has a one-to-many relationship with a course entity.
    How can I then export all the courses into a word quote template?

Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:31 PM

Answers

• You could drive the merge directly from Word and treat CRM as simply a data source (only using the filtered views of course). You'll need to do a directory mail merge. See here for details:

One you have a document you can work with, you could add it into CRM as a report. The merged results would need to be manually added to the related records but otherwise it should work fine.

This being said, I personally have not had the pleasure, but I understand Word directory mail merges are not the friendliest things in the world to work with.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

Friday, February 20, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary, I think the standard CRM 4.0 mail merge quote template only supports multiple quote products. You can't merge multiple records from a custom entity into Word. You might want to consider writing a SQL Reporting Services report to achieve this; alternatively, there are plenty of add-ons for CRM that might suit your requirement.

Regards, Neil
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:11 PM
  • True.  The query is internal and fixed.  All you can use is given in the select fields interface of the mail merge template for Quote or the actual mail merge process.

Now that doesn't mean you cannot have your Course entity spawn a Quote Product in its place.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:13 PM
  • You could drive the merge directly from Word and treat CRM as simply a data source (only using the filtered views of course). You'll need to do a directory mail merge. See here for details:

One you have a document you can work with, you could add it into CRM as a report. The merged results would need to be manually added to the related records but otherwise it should work fine.

This being said, I personally have not had the pleasure, but I understand Word directory mail merges are not the friendliest things in the world to work with.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

Friday, February 20, 2009 9:59 PM