Proxy awareness RRS feed

• Question

• Is the live mesh desktop client proxy aware?  I've looked around and didn't see anything in the options or registry.  Figured I'd ask. 

My corporate proxy server is squid/2.6.STABLE13.  I've setup proxycfg also but no luck.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:17 PM

Answers

• The client uses the proxy settings set in Control Panel -> Internet Options. The same settings are used by Internet Explorer and so can be changed in IE->tools->settings.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:17 PM

All replies

• The client uses the proxy settings set in Control Panel -> Internet Options. The same settings are used by Internet Explorer and so can be changed in IE->tools->settings.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:17 PM
  • Hi Shawn,

Live Mesh will pick up the proxy settings from WinInet, so whatever WinInet is configured to use as the proxy will also be used by Live Mesh.

WinInet proxy settings are accessible through IE.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:18 PM
  • Ok.  It must not support httpauth then.  I'm not getting prompted for an id and password to access the internet.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:54 PM
  • I am having the same problem. I love Mesh but it would be the killer cloud app if it had this so I could sync with work. I hope an update fixes it very soon.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:42 PM
  • I agree, but the last time I looked, support for autheniticated proxies wasn't on the features list so everyone needs to go to the livemesh support site and comment!

https://connect.microsoft.com/ 
    Friday, September 5, 2008 8:49 PM
  • I'm in the same boat.  Where do we see the list of features and suggest this?
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Web Mayfield said:

I'm in the same boat.  Where do we see the list of features and suggest this?

Hi,

Our feature request list is this sticky.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:39 PM
  • Thanks for the pointer, I have posted my request over there. 
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:02 PM