refund onecard RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I'm so sorry to say....I finally gave up on OneCare and hope you will let me know how to obtain my refund.  This is very hard for me to do as I'm a stockholder of MSFT and I'm terribly disappointed.  My OneCare (which I paid for and did not have a trial or beta copy (that I know of) failed in December and even though I used the cleanup (WITH THE MSFT TECH DOING IT ALSO) AND REINSTALL....ALL FAILED AND WAS USING 100 PERCENT CPU if loaded again.  The reload also failed.  Shame on you!
    Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:35 AM

All replies

•  Katajoe wrote:

I'm so sorry to say....I finally gave up on OneCare and hope you will let me know how to obtain my refund.  This is very hard for me to do as I'm a stockholder of MSFT and I'm terribly disappointed.  My OneCare (which I paid for and did not have a trial or beta copy (that I know of) failed in December and even though I used the cleanup (WITH THE MSFT TECH DOING IT ALSO) AND REINSTALL....ALL FAILED AND WAS USING 100 PERCENT CPU if loaded again.  The reload also failed.  Shame on you!

I too am grossly disappointed... I have 6 machines, 2 accounts  3 machines per account.  And the forced update worked on only TWO of the six machines. 

The other four were left with the yellow warning and a shut down notice. 

Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:54 AM
  • Downloaded the AVG Windows Care Pro2.   I used AVG for years prior to deleting it and going to OneCare right from the inception of OneCare...  I know MSFT will do better but this mess will be cost them. 

Thursday, December 6, 2007 11:03 AM
  •  Katajoe wrote:

Downloaded the AVG Windows Care Pro2.   I used AVG for years prior to deleting it and going to OneCare right from the inception of OneCare...  I know MSFT will do better but this mess will be cost them. 

I'm sorry to read of both of your problems with the update.

If you desire a refund for an online purchase of OneCare, contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you purchased at retail within 30 days - 

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.asp

-steve

Thursday, December 6, 2007 3:13 PM
  •  Mike Nomad wrote:

I too am grossly disappointed... I have 6 machines, 2 accounts  3 machines per account.  And the forced update worked on only TWO of the six machines. 

The other four were left with the yellow warning and a shut down notice. 

Ouch, Mike. What is the warning you see/saw? Have you contacted support?

-steve

Thursday, December 6, 2007 3:15 PM
  • Gaelicum.A  VIRUS - there was over 800 instances of this virun on TWO of my six networked machines.  Perhaps it was a fortunate occurance that OneCare laid down on us..  I installed AVG 7.5 by Grisoft and found  I was not fully protected but was infected. 

Onecare definitely NEEDS work.

Gaelicum.A

alias: Win32.Tenga, W32.Licum, W32/Gael

It`s parasitic infector and internet worm.

Virus spreads itself exploiting Buffer Overrun In RPC Interface vulnerability described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026.

When the worm is launched, it infects .EXE files on all accessible drives.

Virus also tries to download trojan horse from the internet.

Friday, December 7, 2007 10:38 AM
  • That RPC flaw was patched in 2003 and I can confirm that OneCare blocks W32/Gael as I had it on a system of mine over a year ago from an infected machine on the corporate network. I guess I'm apprehensive about the findings of AVG, though it is certainly possible that a variant made it past OneCare.

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 4:26 PM