none
Removing SPAM posts

Answers

• You can flag the posts by clicking "Report as abuse" and selecting Spam/advertising. I flagged as many as I could about 5 hours ago. This alerts admins to not only delete the posts, but also to ban the users. Even where I am a moderator and can delete the posts, I still flag them as abuse, so the admins can ban the users. After flagging posts abusive, it can take a few hours for the admins to clean things up, especially on weekends. I see that all of the abusive posts have been deleted. I found many in other forums as well, but they seem to all be gone now. I don't think emailing fissues would be any faster, and the method that has been recommended by the forums admins is to use the "Report as abuse" button.

Edit: Here is the post with the latest recommendations for handling spam:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbd411c0-c4d4-4b7c-aa5d-89e7d0166eee/how-to-report-spam?forum=reportabug

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:57 PM

All replies

• Shanky_621

Did you report it to fissues AT Microsoft.com?  Fissues can be used for all forum issues.  Spam moderators' coverage on the weekend is thinner than normal.

Here is another one from 3+ hours ago that has not been seen or touched.

<<Editted: Removed screenshot that referred to a spam>>

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:06 PM
  • You can flag the posts by clicking "Report as abuse" and selecting Spam/advertising. I flagged as many as I could about 5 hours ago. This alerts admins to not only delete the posts, but also to ban the users. Even where I am a moderator and can delete the posts, I still flag them as abuse, so the admins can ban the users. After flagging posts abusive, it can take a few hours for the admins to clean things up, especially on weekends. I see that all of the abusive posts have been deleted. I found many in other forums as well, but they seem to all be gone now. I don't think emailing fissues would be any faster, and the method that has been recommended by the forums admins is to use the "Report as abuse" button.

Edit: Here is the post with the latest recommendations for handling spam:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbd411c0-c4d4-4b7c-aa5d-89e7d0166eee/how-to-report-spam?forum=reportabug

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Thank you Richard and ZigZag for your valuable suggestion. Rich you are correct it eventually was removed I did not mailed to fissues(just to check) but unfortunately they did took much time may be because it was Sunday.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Wiki Article

MVP

Monday, October 6, 2014 1:36 PM
  • Hi All,

Editing the post. Removing the screenshot referring to spam.

The reply seemed to have posted a spam (through screenshot) unintentionally. :)

Thank you.

Shakti Prasad Mishra

• Edited by Shakti Prasad Mishra Saturday, October 11, 2014 3:57 PM Mentioning action taken on the post.
    Saturday, October 11, 2014 3:01 PM