Multiple Owners contacts (crm 4.0 online) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am just getting started with Dynamics crm and I see no possibility for multiple ownership in the online-edition.

Does anyone know a workaround? Or do you always need to share the same contact in crm with other persons?

I want to achieve that if 5 collegues have the same contact in their outlook that is also stored in crm, that all of  them are owner. Because if the contact in crm changes, only the owner will receive an update in their outlook contacts..

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Silencer001,

Dynamics CRM 4.0 not support multiple ownership however you can share contacts to the team or you can define you Local Data Group (contacts which will be synchronized to the Outlook) by other field like Branch.

KG

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:20 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Yes, local data groups is the answer.

The default local data group is to synchronise CRM contacts with the user's Outlook contacts folder where the CRM contact status is active and the user owns the contact.

But you can edit this local data group or add additional data groups. For example:

1. where the CRM contact status is active and the contact is owned by me or user2, user3 or user4.
    2. where the CRM contact status is active and the contact has a parent account where the parent account type is key customer.
    3. where the CRM contact status is active and the contact is the customer for an open case.

Hope this helps?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Silencer001 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:54 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Am afraid there's no out-of-the-box support for your issue, but you can assign your record to a queue so multiple users can see it.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CWS SoftwareBiz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Hi Silencer001,

Dynamics CRM 4.0 not support multiple ownership however you can share contacts to the team or you can define you Local Data Group (contacts which will be synchronized to the Outlook) by other field like Branch.

KG

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Thanks already for the reply!

What method is actually the best to use? I am just starting to implement CRM in my company, so what if 5 collegues have outlook contact which refers to 1 crm-contact? You can share this with other collegues, but one doesn't know from one and another if they have this contact in their outlook addressbook and don't know if they have to share it or not?

How do you need to configure this local Data Group?

Thanks again!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Yes, local data groups is the answer.

The default local data group is to synchronise CRM contacts with the user's Outlook contacts folder where the CRM contact status is active and the user owns the contact.

But you can edit this local data group or add additional data groups. For example:

1. where the CRM contact status is active and the contact is owned by me or user2, user3 or user4.
    2. where the CRM contact status is active and the contact has a parent account where the parent account type is key customer.
    3. where the CRM contact status is active and the contact is the customer for an open case.

Hope this helps?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Local Data Groups you need to configure in the Outlook Client in CRM menu -> Local Data Group

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:18 PM
  • So either you have all contact from user2, user3 or user4 synced? Or does this apply to 1 contact only?

I can't seem to fin this option..
    I only see: CRM-activiry, email, phone-call, meeting | crm-record, account, contact, potential customer | sync with crm, go offline, advanced search | help

Some of the names may be wrong because I am using the dutch version.

Thanks again!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Silencer001 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:54 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:58 PM
  • Yes

KG

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Thanks for the input, I got it working!
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:54 AM