Triggering workflow on a Business Process Flow entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Devs,

I created a workflow on an 'Opportunity Sales Process' entity that is an entity for a Business Process Flow (BPF). When I set the 'Start When' to the 'Process changes' and tried to select some attributes to monitor changes it is not retaining my selection. See the image below:

Select columns to monitor the changes

When I click OK, the workflow is not retaining the checkbox for 'Active Stage' checked.

Please note, this is happening only for the workflows where the workflow is set to trigger against any BPF entity. I tested this in Chrome as well as IE 11.

I was testing this out as the part of my R&D activity, so I just wanted to point this out here on the forum to confirm, if this is a bug and other devs are experiencing the same? Or may I missing some step in between.

Reference: Business process flow automation in Dynamics 365

Best regards,

Khadim Ali

blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com

• Edited by Khadim Ali Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:50 PM
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:35 PM

All replies

• What version of CRM are you running?

If you have CRM Online Dynamics 365 update (8.2 I think), then you should be able to activate the workflow using the BPF UI (There is a change there in how you create BPF UI wise), not from the workflow UI. 

If not then I am sorry I do not know more about this problem.

Best regards,

Halldor

Halldór Jóhannsson

Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:55 PM
  • Halldór,

Yes, I am testing on Dynamics 365 Online trial (v8.2). 

I know we have an option to trigger workflow from BPF UI, but with the Fall 2016 release we now have a corresponding CRM entity with each BPF. That entity represents the BPF itself. With this change, we can create a workflow on BPF entity now. This provided greater automation potential around BPFs.

Please check the 'Workflow triggers' section in the MSDN blog that I have referenced in my original post.

blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com

Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:01 PM