OCS 2007 R2 and Exchange 2007 UM Integration Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• I hope this helps those out there that might have this issue when integrating OCS 2007 R2 with Exchange 2007 UM for Enterprise Voice.

We had setup the integration with Exchange 2007 UM with our OCS R1 installation and it worked fine. We were able to "Call Voicemail" from the MOC client with no problems. When we installed OCS R2 we set things up in the same manner as R1 but when running "Call Voicemail" or the new "Change Greetings" options an error came up "Incompatible Security Setting" along with a fast busy sound.

After some research and troubleshooting I found that by changing the Exchange UM "OCS R2" dialplan to use "Secured" VOIP instead of "SIP Secured" then it started working again. This might be a bug in the RC release or maybe a minor misconfiguration on our deployment.

Friday, December 5, 2008 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Keif,

One of my favortie quote is "This is not a bug... this is a feature !".

Actually, in your situation this quote is right... By default, MOC 2007 R2 restricts usage of Secure RTP (SRTP) communications between endpoints (here, between Exchange and MOC R2). Configuring Exchange's Dial Plan for OCS R2 in Secured mode enforces usage of SIP/MTLS and SRTP...

MOC R2 also enforces by default Strict DNS Name checking, which might cause sign-in issues with Live Meeting 2007 (make sure you are using build 114 for both LM console and LM Outlook Add-in) in split-DNS scenarios (eg: your pool is ocspool.domain.local and you SIP domain is domain.com). To avoid this, make sure your OCS R2 certificate includes sip.domain.com in its SAN attribute and that your SRV records (_sip._tls.domain.com and _sipinternaltls._tcp.domain.com SRV records both point to sip.domain.com). That said,

Hope this helps/enlights your points.

Benoit.

Benoit Boudeville - Avanade France & Belux http://unifiees.blogspot.com
    Friday, January 30, 2009 10:13 AM