none
Drop down menu location problems RRS feed

• Question

• In FF (2.0.0.14) is that the drop down menus for Font name, font size, Undo, Redo, and others don't stick with the editor, they float on the page behind relative to the top of the page, so any scrolling through the thread will cause them to move away and even start away from the editor.

IE6 is a bit better, it at least has those drop down menus start in the right position but still has them floated over the thread so when you scroll away they follow the scrolling page.

This would be problematic when reply to a long thread and wanting to look at a specific posts and edit the styling of your reply. I realize this is a preview of what is to come, so it'd be good to get issues like this addressed beforehand.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone with IE7 or IE8 have a different experience?
    Eric Steinbrenner
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hmm. interesting.. I just tried and saw this issue of firefox and similar behavior on ie7 too. It's probably a pretty simple css fix, I'll bug it tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing out the issue!

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Friday, May 16, 2008 2:56 AM
  • It's always good to find the issues before the major release, I searched and didn't see anyone report this, so far haven't found any other issue like that.

Hopefully it is just a small fix, it just seems to be relational to the wrong entity. Good to hear from one of the team working on the forums.

Eric Steinbrenner
    Friday, May 16, 2008 4:04 PM
  • same problem here, they need to use relative positioning, not absolute in the CSS
    Im 15 :) I know/learning: C#, VB, PHP, GML, HTML; I want to learn: C++, I wanted to learn Assembly
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:52 AM
  • The dropdown menus have changed. Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:30 PM
    Owner