How to turn off warning on phishing RRS feed

• Question

• I turned off phishing in my Internet Explorere options because it was slowing down my internet connection something awful and it has been better since I disabled it but now my One Care is constantly in the Yellow mode and warns me that phishing is turned off.  How can I get this warning to stop so I can go back to green on the One Care settings.  We should be able to turn something off if it's causing a problem without One Care reminding us constantly that we turned it off.  Is there a way to stop the warning so One Care can go back to green?
    Friday, July 20, 2007 10:01 PM

Answers

• turning anti Phishing off is very unsafe even if your connection is slow or not you should never turn that off so to answer your question there is no way to turn off the warning your running a very un safe condition on your pc. and that's why your get a warning.

You should be looking at why your connection is slow could be number of things but not anti phishing.  

Anti Phishing monitor in IE uses less than 0.4k of your connection I Beta tested IE 7 back in the day I know what it does.

Also do you run regular clean up of internet Options (Selectling the Delete all) or run tune-up in one care once a week at least. if all out fails call your ISP they might of upgraded or change something I'm on charter there changing & upgrading things weekly.

Friday, July 20, 2007 10:33 PM

All replies

• turning anti Phishing off is very unsafe even if your connection is slow or not you should never turn that off so to answer your question there is no way to turn off the warning your running a very un safe condition on your pc. and that's why your get a warning.

You should be looking at why your connection is slow could be number of things but not anti phishing.  

Anti Phishing monitor in IE uses less than 0.4k of your connection I Beta tested IE 7 back in the day I know what it does.

Also do you run regular clean up of internet Options (Selectling the Delete all) or run tune-up in one care once a week at least. if all out fails call your ISP they might of upgraded or change something I'm on charter there changing & upgrading things weekly.

Friday, July 20, 2007 10:33 PM
  • Mikro is correct that the warning cannot be turned off. Personally, I do not see a delay in browsing *most of the time* with it on, but there are many people who will report that it causes a significant delay for them - enough to be annoying. Unfortunately, though, OneCare does not allow for you to ignore this warning even if you are willing to take the risk of runnin with it off.

-steve

Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:37 AM
  • I've turned it off and on.  It does seem to make a significant delay in my browsing.  I've always wondered why the phising filter and other security measures were working so hard on trusted sites.  It would be wonderful to have the ability to turn these items off for certain security levels.  In all honesty I go to my bank website 3 times a day and put it in my trusted sites.  I would have expected that I wouldn't need to check it every time I type the address in the browser.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 9:52 PM
  • I'm very careful with personal data and e-commerce so I've turned-off phishing and won't turn it back on. For me, it's useless and the constant OneCare warnings are a big nuisance. It's simple really ... if the OneCare Phishing warning continues to persist, I [ will ] uninstall the product when my trial period expires and find another virus protection utility. I'm not interested in warnings for features I've disabled and I don't like the pop-up messages either. What I want is a utility that isn't a hog. OneCare is 143 MB! Can you believe that! I also want a virus utility that is stealth.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 12:43 AM
  • There is a solution... The solution is to leave anti-phishing on [because it's not safe if every site you visit doesn't get sent back to microsoft].

Then install Opera or Firefox and browse using one of those. Then you get the benefit of not have to wait for anti-phishing [it's not the bandwidth it's the processor time] and you can browse faster. Unfortunately, start up is a little slower.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 3:27 AM