Bandwidth problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    i've installed sharedview an my pc (WinXP HE SP2). I've a largest bandwidth (6Mb/s) but when i use it with my friend (he has 640kbps connection), sharedview is very slow.

Before i've used UltraVNC, and it is faster than SharedView.

I like sharedview but i need rapid connection such as UltraVNC.

How i can speedup SharedView?

Thanks, regards.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hello, you can try a couple of things to help with this issue.  The person sharing their desktop or application can set their desktop resolution lower (ie down to 1024x768) and also go down to 16 bit color depth.  This will reduce the amount of data that is sent.  Also, updates will take longer when sending a lot of data such as animations, or anything where the full screen changes (ie photo slideshow).  If you share an application like full screen notepad, is it still slow?  Please let me know if this helps.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hello, you can try a couple of things to help with this issue.  The person sharing their desktop or application can set their desktop resolution lower (ie down to 1024x768) and also go down to 16 bit color depth.  This will reduce the amount of data that is sent.  Also, updates will take longer when sending a lot of data such as animations, or anything where the full screen changes (ie photo slideshow).  If you share an application like full screen notepad, is it still slow?  Please let me know if this helps.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:19 PM
  • I've tried both, nothing, it doesn't function.
    I've uninstalled it.

Thanks, bye.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 7:40 AM