Only main page is indexed for 8 months RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have a sitemap_index.xml for a sitemap

does MSNBot know this?

mysite: car-auto-dealers.com

it is indexed over 10000 pages in google and yahoo.

but only one in MSN.

i think that it is not about great content or back linking issue.

i do not know what to do.

please help.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since we don't crawl Google ads, there is very little content on each page that can actually be crawled. Selecting a dealer link, the only part of the page that gets crawled is the address info. Unfortunately, that isn't enough content to reliably judge relevance. 

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:14 PM

All replies

• Your home page looks like a landing page to me, and Live doesn't like landing pages.

It likes good content, and I didn't see much on your website - there are 8 pages of articles and all the other pages are listings of dealers.  Clicking on a dealer got me no useful information - just more ads by Google.  Every "detail" page I went to had the same content - an invitation to dealers to submit material to update their listing.

I did a Google search on "car auto dealers" - the three key words in your domain name - and no page from your website turned up in the first 600 results.  So does it really matter how many pages Google has indexed?  What does it buy you?

Your listing of dealers is certainly impressive, but there is not enough information there to help a consumer.  I think your time would be better spent adding lots of content and optimizing pages for a few key words.

... Duane

Sunday, September 7, 2008 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Since we don't crawl Google ads, there is very little content on each page that can actually be crawled. Selecting a dealer link, the only part of the page that gets crawled is the address info. Unfortunately, that isn't enough content to reliably judge relevance. 

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:14 PM