Hyperlink to Accounts page RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have a computer map that plots as a point the location of every account I have in MS Dynamics CRM (on premise).  I would like to have a hyperlink within the attributes of that point that will open MS Dynamics CRM and take me to that account automatically.

Any idea if this can be done through the on-premise CRM?

Thanks

Julio Garrido

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:16 PM

Answers

• Juilo,

You can certainly do that. You can get teh URL of an account by opening an account record in CRM and pressing F11. Replace the id (last part of URL) with the account guid in your application. This will help you open the account in CRM.

Hope this helps

Mamta

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click “Mark as Answer” and “Vote as Helpful”

• Edited by Mamatha Swamy Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Julio_Garrido Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:53 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Julio,

Is your map page written in client side Javascript?

If so, add the html page and javascript files as Webresources so that they can be hosted within CRM.

To open the account page use the following code

Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm("account", accountid); 

In order to use the Xrm object, add the following script tag to your HTML page

<script type="text/javascript" src="ClientGlobalContext.js.aspx"></script>

The good thing about using this API is that it will take care of the authentication cookie when using the Outlook Client. Just using a hyperlink will require the user to log in when the Account page is launched.

If your map is not javascript, then you will have to use the following URL:

https://<CRMSERVER>/main.aspx?etc=1&extraqs=%3f_gridType%3d1%26etc%3d1%26id%3d%257b<ACCOUNT GUID>%257d%26pagemode%3diframe%26preloadcache%3d1377898677641%26rskey%3d783280038&pagetype=entityrecord

Replace <CRMSERVER> and <ACCOUNT GUID> with the appropriate values.

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:33 PM
  • Juilo,

You can certainly do that. You can get teh URL of an account by opening an account record in CRM and pressing F11. Replace the id (last part of URL) with the account guid in your application. This will help you open the account in CRM.

Hope this helps

Mamta

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click “Mark as Answer” and “Vote as Helpful”

• Edited by Mamatha Swamy Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Julio_Garrido Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:53 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM
  • Mamta,

Simple and to the point.  I was able to get the full URL and used it to concatenate the AccountID field within it.  Now I am able to see a point on the map that shows the location of our client, and also a link that displays the CRM record.

Thank you so much.

Julio

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Julio,

Keep in mind that the supported way of opening up an entity form is  

Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm("account", accountid);

Microsoft provides this API for the following reasons:

1) If Microsoft decides at a later date to change their URL format, your customization will break during upgrades.

2) The URL will not work with the Outlook client because it will pop up a new browser window which will ask the user to log in each time the URL is clicked on. The API call that I mentioned takes care of this.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:31 PM
  • Sunil, You are correct when opening forms within CRM. However, URL addressable form is used to include CRM links in other applications; in this case, map application

HTH

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:46 AM