CRM 2011 IE 11 crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need help with strange Behaviour of IE 11 / Outlook and CRM 2011. A Customer of us is running CRM 2011 onPremise (hosted by a Partner) with AD FS and IFD. The CRM is running fine, but one user can`t work with CRM in Outlook or IE 11. If he open CRM and then an Account for Example, the Accountform closes after 1 Second. This happens in Outlook and Webclient (IE 11). When he uses Chrome, theres no Problem and CRM is working fine.

A trace shows me no Error or something. UR 17 is installed on Server and Client. 

Could anyone help me please ?

Thanks

Markus

Monday, July 28, 2014 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Markus,

you wrote crashes, does IE prompted to stop working or is the window closing wihtout any message?

If it crashes try in internet options under advanced tab to selsct "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering".

If it does not crash, create a new windows user profile and check if it works there.

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Monday, July 28, 2014 12:48 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

thanks for the provided information. IE is closing without any message. 

I try both proposed solutions.

Monday, July 28, 2014 1:04 PM
  • I`ve tested both solutions, but they are not working for me :-/ any other ideas ?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:28 AM
  • more information is required.. try using fiddler, look in event viewer, find some more error details and let us know..

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Hi Markus,

Try adding the CRM url to the compatibility list in Internet explorer 11. Please also add the CRM URL to the trusted lists in IE. You can also try resetting IE 11 to the default settings.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:40 AM
  • Hi Eranger,

thank you.

I`ve allready tried your suggestions, but they are also not working :-/

• Edited by MaH85 Friday, August 1, 2014 8:59 AM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 8:59 AM
  • We have a customer with the same problem so a solution would be appreciated.

They reported this behaviour had started last week, after August patches, so I wonder if there is anything in those that killed IE->CRM?

Tero Leskinen - MVP (Windows Server for Small and Medium Business / SBS)

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:39 AM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2935509/

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:01 AM
  • UR17 is installed.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:25 AM
  • also office2013 in win8.1? I would collect traced both server and client and then take a look what happens

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Win 7 / Office 2010 / IE11 /CRM2011 OnPrem UR17

IE11 crashes with CRM. Firefox works fine

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:56 AM
  • Tero, IE11 and win7 crashes in webbrowser not in outlook client? Because IE11 and outlook addin would be unsupported in your case.

When it crashes in your webbrowser what do you see when you enabled tracing both server and client?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Just curious, why would it be unsupported if they are running UR 17?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:24 AM
  • Because they told: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2935509/en-us

Important Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 17 introduces compatibility with Internet Explorer 11 when it runs in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. This includes the following supported configurations. 
    • The web application when it runs in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1-based or Windows 7-based computer
    • Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook (CRM 2011 client) when you run Office 2013 in Windows 8.1

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:01 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Well I don't understand. To me it sounds like a supported configuration. Also according to the following article looks compatible.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2669061

markus,

Coming back to your issue, Do you have a proxy server by any chance? When you said IE was crashing, did you actually meant the form tries to load and closes itself automatically? I have seen a similar issue MS CRm 2013 online and proxy servers. Also try disabling pop up blockers. However it does not make sense if it is working on other browsers. a Fiddler trace should give a better understanding as Daniel suggested.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:03 AM
  • Eranger, how should it sound supported to you? Tero has Win 7 / Office 2010 / IE11 /CRM2011 OnPrem UR17

So in his case it would be supported in IE11 webbrowser only, but not outlook 2010 client addin in win7.

The Outlook client add in is only supported when running Office 2013 in Windows 8.1..

Markus has mixed clients as I´m in contact with him via Facebook also, is this correct @Markus?

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:42 AM
  • I'd be happy with the working webclient only, but my problem is that IE11 crashes. No problems with Mozilla.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:18 AM
  • I think you are misinterpreting the UR17 announcement. They added the support for O2013 in W8.1 to UR17, but the original supported software you will find here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699818(v=crm.5).aspx

No way should O2010 and W7 be unsupported in CRM2011.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Tero,

the crash is on all client machines and users or for one? the gpu rendering and new userprofile was already checked?

Can you check eventviewer what is the ID for the crash? 1000 only?

Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:47 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

I think you have confused things with UR17. To me it sounds like a supported configuration. I also have used CRM 2011 with the above configuration without issues. As Tero mentioned I believe the original supported configurations are still applicable.

Coming back to Tero's problem I think we need to get some fiddler trace to investigate it further. 

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:09 AM
  • Internet Explroer 11 only support outlook add-in with 2013 and win8.1

And as Tero mentioned the orignial configurations as well :)

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:12 AM
  • Internet Explroer 11 only support outlook add-in with 2013 and win8.1

And as Tero mentioned the orignial configurations as well :)

Sorry, but I don't see it that way. To me it looks like they are two different combinations that will be supported in UR17. Why on earth would you need Outlook 2013 add-in to be able to use the browser?

Could someone please confirm this?

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:36 AM
  • if you open crm data in outlook addin office 2013 on win8.1 it will open a new window. this window is internet explorer11

if you open crm data in outlook 2010 on win7 and have installed IE11-this is not supported.

if you open the crm in webbrowser only not via outlook-client-addin  it is supported like you provided original configs..

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:48 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

I must say that's very silly if it is not supported. To me it does not make sense and it should be supported. However it's just my opinion. I would also love to hear from someone just to confirm this. Thanks Daniel for your explnanation.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:50 PM
  • Eranger,

read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2669061

scroll to crm2011, look for Internet Explorer 11, click the link compatible, take you to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2935509

There read!:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On-Premises

Important Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 17 introduces compatibility with Internet Explorer 11 when it runs in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. This includes the following supported configurations. 
    • The web application when it runs in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1-based or Windows 7-based computer
    • Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook (CRM 2011 client) when you run Office 2013 in Windows 8.1

He who can read, is clearly in advantage!!!!!!!

If you think it is silly than raise it on Microsoft connect as a feature request: https://connect.microsoft.com/

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:05 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your input, however you don't have to be a di## about it. I am happy with my reading abilities and was expressing just my opinion. I am sure there are other people that also think it's silly not to be supported. In the end they are all Microsoft products and reasonably new too.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Ovadia Monday, March 2, 2015 3:04 PM
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:40 PM