Provisioning CE database from SqlServer database renames primary key indexes. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Sync Framework 2.0 to provision a CE database from an Sql Server 2008 Express database. In my server database, I have Primary Keys with a naming convention of tablename_PK. Some are single columns and some are compound. I generated them in the Express database like this:

alter table "MyTable" add constraint "MyTable_PK" primary key ("AElementId", "BElementId")   

The I do create and provision my CE database:

// Create the database file

SqlCeEngine engine = new SqlCeEngine(connectionString);

engine.CreateDatabase();

// Set up the provider

SqlCeSyncProvider ceProvider = new SqlCeSyncProvider();

ceProvider.ScopeName = ServerDb.ScopeName;

ceProvider.Connection = new SqlCeConnection("Data Source=" + connectionString);

// Do the provisioning

SqlCeSyncScopeProvisioning ceConfig = new SqlCeSyncScopeProvisioning();

if (!ceConfig.ScopeExists(serverProvider.ScopeName, ceProvider.Connection))

{

DbSyncScopeDescription scopeDesc = SqlSyncDescriptionBuilder.GetDescriptionForScope( serverProvider.ScopeName, serverConnection);

ceConfig.PopulateFromScopeDescription(scopeDesc);

ceConfig.Apply(ceProvider.Connection);

}

After provisioning, my sample table in the new CE database has and primary key index called PK_MyTable on the correct columns. The problem is that instead of being called "MyTable_PK", it is not "PK_MyTable".

My question is, how can I alter this behavior to keep the name I have in my server database?

OR

... to set a default convention of tablename_PK instead of PK_tablename? 

Either solution would work for me, but I prefer the first solution.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:59 PM

Answers

• afaik, you can't "PK_tablename" is a hardcoded naming convention in the provisioning.

• Marked as answer by wwaters Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 9:46 PM