WLOC Circle Second PC Question RRS feed

• Question

• WLOC Circle on Page or screen Shows the default setup screen is there something suppose to be showing?

Something when there are  two or more computers are setup

The Hub computer shows both pcs the remote computer does not.

It be kind of cool if I'm on the remote computer and something on the Hub pc Happens I could address what ever it might be from the remote pc.  

Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:28 PM

Answers

• Yes indeed. I can confirm that this is kind of confusing. On the remote PC there is no indication that it is part of a Circle and what PC is the Hub. I think that the remote PC should display its status as a Circle member and also state which PC is the Hub. Anyone want to enter that on Connect? :-)

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 12:05 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you mean by the question, but the description is clear - the hub PC shows any computers you have added to the circle. The remote PCs will not show the hub computer because it is not the hub. Interesting idea, though - that all PCs in a circle can manage each other's alerts. :-)

-steve

Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:04 PM
  • If I could post screen shots I could show you of the remote pc. you click wloc circle button It shows the window of the circle setup options add a pc and other stuff I thought after setup that screen would change on the remote pc but it didn't at first I didn't think it was setup because the screen does nothing the only way I could tell wloc circle was established was checking the Hub computer.
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:13 PM
  • I'll have to take a look at my "remote" PC. I think I know what you mean - the remote computer still shows that you can add it to a circle and has no indication that it is already a member of a managed circle. Correct?

-steve

Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:17 PM
  • Correct that's it the panel window still list the same things there's no indication the circle was successful But it was
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:56 PM
  • Yes indeed. I can confirm that this is kind of confusing. On the remote PC there is no indication that it is part of a Circle and what PC is the Hub. I think that the remote PC should display its status as a Circle member and also state which PC is the Hub. Anyone want to enter that on Connect? :-)

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 12:05 AM
  • I'm on It

I included a screen shot of the remote pc and a link to this thread

There it is: WLOC Circle Remote PC Circle Status

Friday, July 20, 2007 3:36 AM
  • Thanks, Mikro!

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:37 PM
  • Hi Mikro,

Thanks for filing it in the connect.

Btw, you can have multiple hub pc's at the same time thereby being able to control one pc from the other.

thanks,

-Vikram.

Development Lead | Windows Live OneCareVikram.Kakumani@microsoft.com

Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:50 AM
  • Hi folks,

Great suggestion on this thread, and thanks Mikro for filing it in connect. 

As Vikram points out, you can in fact have multple hub PC's managing your subscription, but it's a good suggestion to have some indication of this in the remote PC's view.

We'll investigate the options more based on your suggestions.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:01 AM