how to hide/disable the new button for custom activity entities in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 custom activity entities whose records will be created from  an external system via web services. So there is no requirement to display their buttons from the File> New Activity menu or from the Other Activities FlyOutAnchor on the Add tab of parent entity ribbons.  Anybody have any suggestions as to the best way to hide them. 

regards Alan Ward

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:59 AM

All replies

• There is a check box to display it or not in activity menu while creating new activity entity.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Proposed as answer by SravaniRN459 Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Hi Vikram,  Thanks for the suggestion . Unfortunately 'display in activity menu' was flagged when the entities were created and I  believe this cannot be undone. I now think I need to use a ribbon editor to hide these everywhere so I am looking at how to do it using RibbonWorkbench but haven't figured it out yet. 

regards Alan Ward

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:14 AM
  • If the data is the 2 tables are through an import job.. Just remove Create access to those entities on the user roles... Then what you are seeking are done 100% per default.

Simple, easy, completed :)

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:37 AM