none
Validation of qualifications acquired through MTCS MCITP MCPD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I search some information about MS certifications.

I just searched around on the websites of Microsoft and related sites.

Personally I work mostly on projects using the following technology:

SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008

ASP.NET applications, and WebServices winforms

Dynamics CRM V4.0

Basically I cover a large area from the operational decision-making through the management for over 5 years.

Today I would like to enhance my skills through Microsoft certifications ... it is always a plus on your CV and among its employees and customers.

I made the listing of the certifications that interest me:

MTCS

70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Implementation and Maintenance
    70-433: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Development
    70-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
    70-511: TS: Windows Application Development with Microsoft. NET Framework 4
    70-512: TS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Administration
    70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft. NET Framework 4
    70-515: TS: Web Application Development with Microsoft. NET Framework 4
    70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft. NET Framework 4
    MB2-631: CRM 4.0 Customization and Configuration
    MB2-632: CRM 4.0 Applications
    MB2-633: CRM 4.0 Installation and Deployment
    MB2-634: CRM 4.0 Extending Microsoft Dynamics

MCITP MCPD

70-450 PRO: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
    70-451 PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
    70-452 PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
    70-518: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft. NET Framework 4
    70-519: Pro: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft. NET Framework 4
    70-583 PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications

As you can see I am preparing a good listing ... I understand that it is not easy to spend all ... but taking time is feasible.

What I would like to know the method to be adopted to achieve this.

Financial standpoint, working method, E-learning, press ....

I found some info but I can not decide which to choose.

More about the past certifications I see prices everywhere ... including the famous pack offered on Prometric ...

Can I go with this pack the certifications that I want?

There would be a better offer with courses or books?

I found in Microsoft IT Academy's response to the previous question ... the worry is that individual person can not take it because it must be attached to a company ... no? ah, unless I'm wrong and that I can take ... actually I'll arrange it all for preparing my certifications ...

I will have to buy the examinations (50% cheaper) to get my certifications ...

Finally I still have the MSDN ... but it is not very well suited to training ... and it costs very expensive for the use I like to make a first time ... And there is no module on certification, but pretend for just a training ... unless I'm wrong ....

Would you then a quick fix to satisfy my needs without going through training centers ...

Thank you in advance for help.

Laurent Albiac
    Friday, December 17, 2010 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Laurent,

Many people including myself choose to pass these exams by self-study.

Most of the certificates you wish to take have Microsoft Self-Study Guides.

Do not know for CRM but for SQL there are MIcrosoft Training Guides 70-432, 70-433 and 70-448 which include practice tests (http://www.oreilly.com these are Microsoft Press books).

For .Net 4.0 thre are Training guides for 70-511 and 70-515, 70-516 comes out in june and 70-513 does not have a planned training guide but 70-503 Training Guide can be used looking at what is new in the MSDN.

HOW TO:

Study the guides and do the exercises.  Take the practice tests and look at explanations of answers if you do not know the topic follow the links to the MSDN.  When you can pass the tests easily and understand the material take the test.  You can also purchase Measureup.com tests (these are Microsoft approved) for further questions if you find them helpful, sign up to their email for discount offers.

MSDN Cost:

You can dowmload trial software for six months or even if your MSDN expires you can still use the products you have, so you do not need to purchase software.  Further for most of the .Net certifications the express version (which is free) is sufficient.

Exam offers:

There is an offer at the moment with upto 20% off exam vouchers with free second shot offer, this may be comparable with the 50% off has you get a free retake if you fail an exam.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/career/en/us/career-offer.aspx

Hope this helps and good luck,

Ozzy Geoff

Monday, April 4, 2011 7:45 AM