On boot up in XP I get a Svchost.exe application error is 0X7c91b1fa referenced memory at 0x00000010 could not be written. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Svchost.exe application error is 0X7c91b1fa referenced memory at 0x00000010 could not be written.
    I tried everything and do not want to reformat.

HELP
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the "Start" menu, select "Run...” When the "Run" dialog box appears, type services.msc into the "Open: field" and click OK. The Services window will now be displayed.

Scroll down the list of services until you see the "Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework" service. Double-click on this service so as to display its Properties window.

Under the General tab, ensure that the "Startup Type" is set to Disabled.

Exit the Services window and "Reboot" your computer.

Note: By disabling Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework" service either you are loosing any data from neither your computer nor any of the drivers or software’s are removed. The only action that is going to get effected is system drivers will not get automatically updated, which will not affect the system performance.

Regards

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:54 AM
  • I can't do that because the is no Windows Driver Foundation in any list in services.msc.

Any other ideas?
    Friday, November 7, 2008 12:18 AM
  • Sorry bu this has not helped me. I used MALWAREBYTE'S AntiMalware AVG  AntiVirus & AntSpyware to no avail. Any ideas anyone?
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 4:05 PM
  • Your suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks.
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:20 AM