CRM 2011 Help returns "No results were found that match the text <search query>" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum folks.

I have a puzzling problem where my users are unable to get results out of the Dynamics CRM Help for any items typed into the search field.  Trying to figure out where to start with this one without to much success.

We are running Dynamics CRM 2011 with rollup 10.

Does anyone have any tips on where I could start troubleshooting this issue?

Regards,

Jason

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:50 PM

Answers

• I found the answer in the end.  Our build process removes the attribute "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" from the root down.  Adding this attribute to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\Help fixed the issue.
    • Marked as answer by thevagabond1 Monday, February 11, 2013 3:53 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 3:53 PM

All replies

• Maybe double check that the Indexing service is running on the server.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:14 PM
  • Thanks for replying Jason.

I forgot to mention that we have two CRM 2011 servers serving up the web front end through a Microsoft Network Load Balancing cluster.  Saying that, I checked both of them and the Indexing service was installed and started on both of them.  I also tried restarting those services but this didn't change anything for the better.

I also launched MMC, added the indexing snap-in, and checked that it had a catalog for "Microsoft CRM Help" and that it was pointed to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\Help".  The Web.config in that same directory also has an appsetting key called "HelpCatalogName", and it is also set to "Microsoft CRM Help".

I am not sure if there are other files or settings to look at.

Regards,

Jason

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:20 PM
  • If you open up the help window  and hit F11 to go full screen and see the address bar - does the URL appear to be correct?

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:38 PM
  • Yep: https://crm.<mydomain>.com/help/default.aspx?area=%2fworkplace%2fhome_dashboards.aspx&user_lcid=1033&ver=5.0.9690.2730

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:43 PM
  • Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to look for with this issue?

• Marked as answer by thevagabond1 Monday, February 11, 2013 3:51 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by thevagabond1 Monday, February 11, 2013 3:53 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 2:20 PM
  • I found the answer in the end.  Our build process removes the attribute "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" from the root down.  Adding this attribute to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\Help fixed the issue.
    • Marked as answer by thevagabond1 Monday, February 11, 2013 3:53 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 3:53 PM