Request: Dashboard improvements RRS feed

• General discussion

• So I get a list of all my websites listed on one page.  That's great.  I consider this to be my "dashboard" of information.

What is shown is not helpful.  To review: what is shown is: domain, auth code, auth method.  Once a site is authenticated, this stuff should be buried deep in the profile area.

When I pull up a list of all my websites, a world-class webmaster tool would provide meaningful information in a compact form.  I'm most concerned about error situations or changes so I would suggest that the dashboard include:

a. list of domains (alphabetized by default but sortable by date of last crawl)
    b. indicator* that the site is authenticated
    c. indicator that site is not blocked
    d. indicator that the robots.txt file is valid
    e. date of last crawl (better = days since last crawl)
    f. number of pages indexed
    g. number of urls blocked by robots.txt
    h. top url from last 7 days
    i. indicator that a sitemap was found
    j. indicator that sitemap was valid
    k.domain rank

* indicator means green checkmark or green plus sign etc.

This setup would let me scan all my domains, scan down a page of green checkmarks and letting the error situations stand out so that I can investigate and correct them.

This would be helpful!  Thanks.

20 Nov: Edited To add items I and J and adjust item E
    21 Nov: Added Item K
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:42 PM

All replies

• Carlcamer - this is is great feedback (along with all your other posts). Many of these requests are things that we're already planning, and some of them are great new ideas. Thanks for your feedback!

nate

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:58 PM
  • Thanks.  I'm trying to be constructive in sharing my thoughts on what would make my job easier.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:09 PM
  • I agree. Nice start though!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:30 PM