Connecting The HoloLens Clicker to RasPi 3 using Bluetooth LE Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i'm trying to run Bluetooth Low Energy Sample (found here: Bluetooth LE) on a RasPi 3 (OS Version 10.0.16299.15). The Raspi can successfully pair with the hololens clicker at "Scenario1_Discovery" however pressing the read value button returns a protocol error. When pressing Connect at "Scenario2_Client", it shows 6 services available shown below:

Pressing "6174" showed 2 characteristics, 10916 and 10917, selecting 10917 showed a read value button:

Lastly, pressing Read Value shows "Read Failed Protocol Error".  At Scenario2_Client.xaml.cs, result returns Protocol Error

GattReadResult result = await selectedCharacteristic.ReadValueAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached);
                if (result.Status == GattCommunicationStatus.Success)
                {
                    string formattedResult = FormatValueByPresentation(result.Value, presentationFormat);
                    rootPage.NotifyUser($"Read result: {formattedResult}", NotifyType.StatusMessage);
                }
                else
                {
                    rootPage.NotifyUser($"Read failed: {result.Status}", NotifyType.ErrorMessage);
                }
    Is there any way to communicate with the HoloLens Clicker? What am I missing? Is it really exclusive for hololens? do we need to send a string to the clicker to get data from it? 
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the problem is more related to IOT, I will help you to move this thread to the IOT forum. You could get more professional support there.

Thank you for you patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hello marlomarion,

I reproduced your issue. Both desktop and Raspberry Pi can't read characteristic 10917 and write characteristic 10916. But other services, like Device Information, Battery etc, can be read successfully.

GATT service 6174 seems a customer defined service. And your issue is more related to Hololens clicker. So you can ask question in Hololens forum for more professional support there.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 30, 2018 6:10 AM
  • Hello I will also post this in Hololens forum, thank you
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:13 AM
  • oh it's already moved to IOT forum, thank you!
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:14 AM
  • Hello Rita Han,

What do you mean by customer defined service?

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:22 AM
  • Hello marlomarion,

I mean the service maybe defined by member because I don't find it in Bluetooth official assigned number of GATT services and characters:

There is a BluetoothUuidHelper API can convert short ID to UUID. You can try on "6174".

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:59 AM