none
How Do I create an Interactive Table RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to create an interactive table that would allow the users to Sort, Filter, and/or hide the result columns on the webpage. My data is being pulled from SQL server. I have tried the GridView and DataList, but can't seem to get them to this level of interactivity.

As an example, I would say the old Office Web Components interactivity/interface or the current SharePoint Datasheet View, would be along the lines of what I am looking for. Is this at all possible?

Thank you in advance.

Nick

Friday, June 23, 2017 5:28 PM

All replies

• What you would be looking for is a XML to HTML control transformation using a XSLT/XSD with data from the DB in the form of string data bound to an HTML control.

The XML would be the control definition you would use to transform over to HTML control with attributes for a particular field and its data.

What you would be developing here is a dynamic data centric page, a page that is defined by data as opposed to manually developing a HTML control for a page. 

You should be able to get more information hopefully in the ASP.NET forum.

You let the user define what data they want to see on the dynamically built page.

http://forums.asp.net/

Friday, June 23, 2017 5:53 PM