none
Can we do paging for a very long question replies or discussion

All replies

• would Microsoft add Paging for an issue (e.g: When replies more than 10, plz do paging).

This is a frequently mentioned possibility.  In fact since it has been acknowledged I had assumed that there would a list somewhere in the WIKI about previous suggestions, to help others see that it had already been accepted but not scheduled.   Therefore, I am surprised to find no mention of it here:

(BING search for
        thread pages technet intitle:forums prefer:performance site:microsoft.com/wiki/
    )

E.g. the closest that gets to that information is that supposedly there was a performance improvement in this regard made with the latest update (Feb 6)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5282.release-notes-technet-and-msdn-forums-and-profiles.aspx

<quote>
    Updates to address performance issues in the application, especially for thread page load times for thread that had more than 40 replies
    </quote>

In any case, evidently a significant cause of the performance problem (at least for IE users) is due the page design and specifically the algorithm used to render it, so acceptance of this suggestion would cover up that error and probably still leave it taking up bits of time with each page (for all users on all pages).   So I would rather get that fixed first and then see if people were still finding it so necessary to break large threads into pages.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ieitprocurrentver/thread/f3f815f3-be62-487e-911c-ed6a7565cd3a

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 12, 2013 6:11 PM
  • ProgrammingVolunteer,

I simply stop mostly replying in threads which have more than 20 replies. 

Not for the speed, but it becomes especially in the new narrow format of Program Language forums almost unreadable.

Success
    Cor

Monday, April 22, 2013 6:52 PM