How to make a counterfeit W7 U geniune?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 ultimate which is fake from Ebay UK .I Got refunded. Twice I got snarled. I had installed programmes on this OS. OS will validate for MS security downloads etc. But will not activate though.

The PID code has '68' in the second set of numbers. Suspected MDSN keys blocked.

If I buy a new Geniune retail version pack, can I use the new product key and turn my OS to a Geniune one without scrapping the installation? 

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers

• Many people have had success with changing the product key to a legitimate one. You will have to buy ultimate for this to work
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, the 068 does indicate a product key issued to an MSDN account.  If it isn't blocked yet it soon will be.
    If you purchase a full license copy of Windows 7 Ultimate you can use the Change Product Key link at the bottom of the System Properties page to avoid a reinstallation of Windows.  Any other edition will require a fresh installation.

Do not attempt to purchase licensed software at a heavy discount.  You will just wind up with another counterfeit.  Stick with the Microsoft Store or Amazon Corp., but stay away from auctions, Amazon Marketplace merchants, and other discounters.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Many people have had success with changing the product key to a legitimate one. You will have to buy ultimate for this to work
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, the 068 does indicate a product key issued to an MSDN account.  If it isn't blocked yet it soon will be.
    If you purchase a full license copy of Windows 7 Ultimate you can use the Change Product Key link at the bottom of the System Properties page to avoid a reinstallation of Windows.  Any other edition will require a fresh installation.

Do not attempt to purchase licensed software at a heavy discount.  You will just wind up with another counterfeit.  Stick with the Microsoft Store or Amazon Corp., but stay away from auctions, Amazon Marketplace merchants, and other discounters.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:06 PM
    Answerer