Deployment of Visio and Project 2007 VL - Problems with Validation RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently responsible for managing computer labs with four different types of computers in an educational setting.  In order to deploy all software needed, I create a base image from one computer using Ghost and then send it to all the different types of computers.  Once deployed, we use DeepFreeze to preserve the image for all students. 

The problem I am currently facing is only with Visio and Project 2007 during the Genuine Advantage Validation process.  Every time a user wishes to use the software, they are prompted with the Activation Wizard, where it says:

"Microsoft Office Visio/Project Proefessional 2007 detected changes to the hardware on your computer.  You must re-activate Microsoft Office Visio/Project Professional 2007 to ensure it functions properly on your computer.  This wizard will guide you through the activation process."

The only computers that DO NOT prompt this message was the type of computer I originally created the base image from.  I am assuming that since I am deploying this software to different types of computers (hence different types of hardware), it is detecting changes to the hardware.  This is unacceptable, considering we are using the Volume Licencing provided through Microsoft.  Why are these two programs asking for Validation (Office 2007 does not do this), and more importantly, how do I stop this?

Thanks
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:49 PM

Answers

• Thallium205,

Thank you for visiting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. Please contact your IT Administrator at your school/facility. If that is you, then please gather your paperwork which came with your Volume Licensed material and contact telephone support activation.  Activation issues are out of scope for the Genuine Advantage forums. I understand your issue is more along the lines of Visio detecting Hardware Drift. If this is a volume license, Microsoft Technical Support for Paid Volume License Product Keys may be able to assist you further.

Thank you for contacting the OGA program forum.

Rick, MS
    • Marked as answer by RickImAPC Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:12 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:12 PM