license RRS feed

• Question

•  

hello

does any user that i open in the crm need to have a license?

thanks

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:01 PM

Answers

• In CRM 3.0, any user that works with or accesses CRM requires a Client Access Licence (CAL).

In CRM 4.0, the same is true but additional options are available such as a Device (you licence the PC - good for places where computers are shared) or User (as per CRM 3.0). CAL. There is also a read-only licence which may be used to view data only.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:25 PM

All replies

• In CRM 3.0, any user that works with or accesses CRM requires a Client Access Licence (CAL).

In CRM 4.0, the same is true but additional options are available such as a Device (you licence the PC - good for places where computers are shared) or User (as per CRM 3.0). CAL. There is also a read-only licence which may be used to view data only.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:25 PM
  •  

With Dynamic CRM 4.0 ... Yes you will need CAL.

There is 90 days trial version available.

I have read that you can go through the hosted model on Live CRM.

The recommendation I will make is buy the monthly subcripiton for users when you require and eventually disconnect that way you can work with minimal licenses.

The trial is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?DisplayLang=en&nr=20&freetext=CRM&sortCriteria=date

If you are looking to write custom app you can download the SDK from the smae page.

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:36 AM
  • yes user need license to access ms crm

here is ms crm 4.0 licensing model

Server Editions
    Every server that runs Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 requires a Server License. Three Server Editions are available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0:

Best Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 2, 2008 8:34 AM