How do I Change the default Accounts View to show linked contacts in the same window? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

How do I add a tab to the view so that I can show related records on the 2nd 1/2 of the window?

e.g Change default accounts view to show related contacts in the 2nd 1/2 of the window.

Thanks

Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:23 PM

Answers

• OOB views do not provide that functionality. You cannot include details of 1:N related records in the view. You may need to design a custom app to show the related contacts of the selected account on the preview pane.

Another option would be to check the view on an outlook client. Outlook client displays preview pane and you may be able to show the contacts there oob.

HTH 

Sam 

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Friday, March 16, 2012 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by WPF_Dev Friday, March 16, 2012 1:39 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 1:41 AM

All replies

• When in an Account record - select Customize then Form from the top menu.

Select Insert from the top and then One Column Tab (box with blue outline).

Click in the new tab and then click Sub-Grid at the top.

Give it a Name and Label.

Select Only Related Records from the Records field.

Select Contacts (Parent Customer) from the Entity field.

Select Active Contacts from the Default View field.

Select OK.

Drag the tab to the correct position on your form.

Save and publish and you should have your view of related Contacts.

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Hi Jason

Thanks for the response.

I was not clear enough, my apologies for that.

When I first go to "Workplace", I see "My Active Accounts" right next to the it.

I want to change the "My Active Accounts" view to display the related contacts in the 2nd 1/2 of the window, so that I do not have to double click an account to view the related contacts.

Ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:03 PM
  • OOB views do not provide that functionality. You cannot include details of 1:N related records in the view. You may need to design a custom app to show the related contacts of the selected account on the preview pane.

Another option would be to check the view on an outlook client. Outlook client displays preview pane and you may be able to show the contacts there oob.

HTH 

Sam 

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Friday, March 16, 2012 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by WPF_Dev Friday, March 16, 2012 1:39 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 1:41 AM