none
Cannot Install Add-In RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install a third party add called MPCluster in to MapPoint 2013 North America running 64 bit Windows 7.  It installs fine for other users if they log onto my machine and I have successfully installed it on other computers but it seems to have a problem specific to my profile and I can't figure out why the MPCluster options are not showing up in the tools menu despite having followed all of the advice from the developer.  I have full admin rights on the machine so there should be no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting third party add-ins that have profile specific installation issues?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:19 PM

All replies

• It is probably a permissions issue. unfortunately the Microsoft installer doesn't report where it had problems during the install.

Use .exe installer that I sent and follow the instructions in the email. You will need to install it from the end user account, and explicitly elevate to Admin (right click on the exe when you run it - having a "admin account" doesn't matter for Windows 7). Make sure you use the msi that I also sent and that it is in the same directory as the .exe

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:58 PM