none
Installer for Excel VSTO Addin using VS 2017 - How??? RRS feed

• Question

• Please note: VS 2017 - there is no support for Install Shield Limited Edition. I have used it with VS 2013 and that installer worked.

But now I am using VS 2017. I tried using the Windows Installer project that is available with VS 2017 (Note this is not Installshield). The installer goes through without error - but no addin shows up in excel.

This link is not meant for VS 2017.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc442767.aspx 

Is there any way the VS 2017 Installer project can be used for excel COM addins? Or we have to buy a license for Installshield?

Also, I checked the installation folder. It had the necessary dlls but there was no vsto file.

The addin works fine in debug mode (from VS).

Please help.

regards

Vinay

Monday, February 19, 2018 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinay,

Sorry for the late reply.

According to your description, your issue is more related about install Visual Studio Tools for Office(VSTO), it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Visual Studio Development > Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) Forum.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 7:17 AM