none
New drive and console error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently started to play with WHS and very much enjoying it as my background is IT infrastructure. However I have come across a small issue, I loaded on a few add ins to the WHS console to give me some more functionality. After putting on the advanced admin console I seem to have a few errors, I removed the add in and it seemed to be ok for a day or so. However I recently added an internal 500GB drive (Samsung) and an external 320GB drive (WD) I plugged them all in when the server was off and started the server up. However the console came up with the below error when I tried opening it and it won’t see the 500GB internal drive. I then checked in disk management and imported the foreign drive, check to make sure it was ok....it could read the data. Still nothing in the console. I did a reboot to make sure….then I deleted all the partitions on the drive and recreated one...(a reboot in between etc) and still cannot be found in the console. However under disk management it appears correctly.
    '
    Does anyone have any suggestions for

1. why the console error is appearing (http://forum.wegotserved.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=672)
    2. Why the drive isn't appearing in the console but does appear in disk management?

Aed
    Monday, December 8, 2008 12:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    deleting the partitions may be not enough, once WHS decides to ignore a disk. I assume something in the MBR is causing WHS to not accept the disk.
    You can try the procedure in this FAQ to reinitialize the disk.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 8, 2008 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    deleting the partitions may be not enough, once WHS decides to ignore a disk. I assume something in the MBR is causing WHS to not accept the disk.
    You can try the procedure in this FAQ to reinitialize the disk.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 8, 2008 8:27 AM
  • Thanks,  that solved my drive issue, however I am still randomly getting the console error. It will continue into the console if you press OK. But I'd love to know why this occurs :)

Thanks again

Aed
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:53 AM
  • There may be multiple reasons for this error, but in the following post one source is tracked down - memory leak in an intel add-in.
    http://forum.wegotserved.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4315 

Ben

Ben Ogilvie
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:18 PM