cannot uninstall CRM client RRS feed

• Question

• I just set up a new PC with Win8.1 and I need to install the CRM client for Outlook (Outlook is connected and works fine). I first tried to install client 2015, but that didn't work (client threw error messages during installation). After checking with IT I uninstalled client 2015 (using control panel), and am now trying to install client 2011. The problem I have is the following:

Microsoft CRM does not show up in control panel.

When I try to install client 2011, I eventually get to a dialog that asks me whether I want to uninstall or repair the CRM installation (even though it should have been uninstalled). Selecting either of the options results in a message that it cannot be done.

What do I do from here to

a) completely uninstall CRM for Outlook from the system (remember: it does not show up in control panel)

b) install client 2011.

By the way, I am running Win8.1, 64bit, with Office 2013.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:32 PM

All replies

• Ok, after looking around on the web and forums, I found a (long) description to uninstall the client manually, involving registry keys, etc. I followed that and was finally able to install CRM for Outlook. So far so good. Now I have another problem:

When I start outlook, it does ask me to enter an organization that I want to connect to. I enter the URL and click "test connection". It takes a moment, but then my name is verified and the organization name is populated. So I guess I have connected to the organization, at least initially.

When I then click on "Next", I get an error message:

There is a problem connecting with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server ... with a few more specific error messages:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.Common, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3736ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.DeleteFolderOrMarkForDeletion(String folder, Boolean recursive)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.DeleteUserApplicationFilesAction.Delete()

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Interop, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3736ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.AddSQMRegkeysAndDirectory()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)

I can connect to the organization and use the CRM through Internet explorer, so there is no connectivity issue. I have also run the CRM trouble shooting tool and it did not find anything wrong.

One thing I noticed is that I cannot de-select to "synchronize with the organization", which I am doing with another PC at this point (the one I am trying to replace). But I cannot turn that off on the old PC either (grayed out as well).

Any help is appreciated.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:44 PM
  • In the end I had to uninstall and re-install Office 2013 and the CRM Add-in. That seems to have fixed the problem.
    Sunday, March 1, 2015 8:00 PM