I am too valid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you Microsoft.  I decide to go out and buy Windows 7 for my wife's computer and then I even go through the trouble of contacting the company to buy a second key (at no cost reduction - I guess I'm not a valued customer).  I've had the operating system on my computer for a few years now, and all of a sudden, my screen is black and says I'm not valid.  I called the number and talked to a guy, gave him my key, and then he hung up on me.  I called again today and I got a recording that said you were closed.  That's a load of bull; when there is a technical issue like this, affecting many customers, you work around the clock and make it right.  I tried to email the company, but it wont let me.  To think, I converted my wife from a Mac to a PC and this is how you repay me?  Make this right, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe we should switch back to Macs.
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:51 PM

Answers

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:46 PM
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:53 PM
    Answerer
  • >Thank you Microsoft....Make this right, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! (etc, etc, etc)<

This is not Microsoft. This is only a user to user forum hosted on Microsoft's servers for the convenience of Microsoft users. We are all volunteers helping each other on our own time.

>even go through the trouble of contacting the company to buy a second key (at no cost reduction - I guess I'm not a valued customer)<

You didn't buy just a second key.  Microsoft does not sell bare keys.  You bought a second copy of Windows and only used the product key.  You were entitled to download the software and whether or not you did was up to you.  You may return to your account and do so at any time.

All of this is proper.  The end user license requires a user to own a copy of Windows for each computer in use.  That is why there was no discount.  The only discount for multiples copies of Windows is the Family Pack plan (3 copies), but those copies are only upgrades and only for Home Premium. 

Please observe announcement 1 above as George has requested.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 1:50 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:53 PM
    Answerer
  • >Thank you Microsoft....Make this right, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! (etc, etc, etc)<

This is not Microsoft. This is only a user to user forum hosted on Microsoft's servers for the convenience of Microsoft users. We are all volunteers helping each other on our own time.

>even go through the trouble of contacting the company to buy a second key (at no cost reduction - I guess I'm not a valued customer)<

You didn't buy just a second key.  Microsoft does not sell bare keys.  You bought a second copy of Windows and only used the product key.  You were entitled to download the software and whether or not you did was up to you.  You may return to your account and do so at any time.

All of this is proper.  The end user license requires a user to own a copy of Windows for each computer in use.  That is why there was no discount.  The only discount for multiples copies of Windows is the Family Pack plan (3 copies), but those copies are only upgrades and only for Home Premium. 

Please observe announcement 1 above as George has requested.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 1:50 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:46 PM