Firewall Being Controlled!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear microsoft,
    I can't seem to change my Firewall settings because it's being controlled by "Group policy"... What in the world is a "Group policy"? and why on earth is it being controlled? Is it a virus or something? Please help me.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:55 PM

Answers

• If you have Windows Live OneCare installed, the Windows Firewall is disabled by OneCare as you now have the OneCare firewall. Open OneCare, click on change settings and you'll see a tab for the firewall.

-steve

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:12 PM

All replies

• If you have Windows Live OneCare installed, the Windows Firewall is disabled by OneCare as you now have the OneCare firewall. Open OneCare, click on change settings and you'll see a tab for the firewall.

-steve

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:12 PM
  • I do see it..But the only problem is that it says on the firewall tab that the "Firewall is turned off indefinetly". Should I uninstall One Care?
    Friday, May 30, 2008 6:46 PM
  • No, OneCare *has* a firewall that *replaces* the Windows firewall and provides more functionality. If the OneCare status is green, your system is protected by OneCare. You're looking at the settings for the built in Windows Firewall which has to be turned off by OneCare. Should you decide to stop using OneCare, and use different protection, when removing OneCare, the Windows Firewall will again be enabled.

-steve

Friday, May 30, 2008 11:33 PM