none
Microsoft Booster Pack offer: MCSA SQL Server Certification Exam: 461, 462, 463,

Question

• Dear Sir,

If I failed any MCSA exam for the first time, how long after I can re-take the exam or what would be minimum time of interval to retake the exam?

In a year, how many times, I can retake same exam?

Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi, Badruduja.

If you fail a Microsoft certification exam, you must wait a certain amount of time before you can retake it. The amount of required waiting time is dependent on the number of exam attempts.

After the:

• First attempt - you can retake the exam after 24 hours.
    • Second, Third, or Fourth attempt - you can retake the exam after 14 days.
    • Fifth attempt - you must wait one (1) year from the date of the Fifth attempt before you can retake the exam.

You can only attempt to pass a Microsoft certification exam five (5) times per year. This is why Microsoft's Booster Pack offer includes four (4) exam retakes.

To take a given exam more than five (5) times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.

Note that once you pass any Microsoft certification exam, you can never retake it.

The exam retake policy is explained here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-exam-policies.aspx#policies-1

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Sunday, March 27, 2016 11:47 PM
    Answerer