none
Post not a spam (was just edited for log readability) RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Lately this happens when really you just need to have your account verified. You need to post a request in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/090972cb-b81f-498f-b718-948caca975c4/verify-account-41?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Edit: I checked your post and it is not marked as spam. But you should request verification in the thread I linked.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:14 PM
  • Hi,

I did post on "Verify Account 41" in case of but I think my account is already verified.
    Meantime, I tried this :

1. Edit my post to put the log part in a source code frame
      Not marked as spam
    2. Directly after, in a less than a minute time frame, I edited again to make my links clickable.
      Marked a spam

bug spam no spam

Yesterday, I was marked as spam two times for trying to put the logs in a source code frame.
    My guess is that if I edit two times in a short time frame then it is automatically marked as spam.

It would be better to have this behavior after 4 edits in a row. Seems perfectly normal to have two or three edits in a row to me.

Best,

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:06 PM
  • I only see your post in verification thread ~30 minutes ago. They should do another round of verification sometime today.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:16 PM
  • Ok thanks.

In the meantime, not time related. I just tried again (10' delay) and was marked as spam.
    I guess I am locked till someone verify...

Oh well...

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:21 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:24 PM
  • Thanks for posting an image of the message you got. That verifies what we have suspected for some time, that the message is deceptive, even wrong. Your post was never flagged as spam. And the number of edits does not matter. Most likely the edit (or in other cases the question or reply) was blocked because you either included a hyperlink or an image. My understanding is that users are not allowed to post hyperlinks or images unless their account is verified, either by achieving sufficient recognition points, or by requesting in the verification thread.

And the fact that you were able to post the image implies that either your account is verified, or that I am wrong about posting images when your account is not yet verified.

As noted, it can take a day or more for the forum admins to verify accounts as requested in the verification thread. And I believe they let the thread get too large before replacing it (although the fact that it changes is itself an issue).

Finally, the message you posted should make it clear that users should post in the current verification thread, not just in the forum.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:51 PM
  • And the fact that you were able to post the image implies that either your account is verified, or that I am wrong about posting images when your account is not yet verified.

Good point Richard or this forum is exempt?

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:54 PM
  • I tried and confirm that I can edit and convert a textual link in an interactive link in this forum (see my intial question at the top).

But it also work on the forum I have the issue with. See my last post here (SP2016 forum). I succesfully insert a clickable link in the very same thread that forbids me to do it in the initial question post.

Possible that there is a limitation in the number of links one can put in a post (hence unrelated to time delay, capacity to post link or image).

One thing is certain, if forums rules are not explicit, this is bad.
    • Edited by Jc D Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:29 PM clarity
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:35 PM
  • I confirm it has nothing to do with posting links or images, nor the number of links (just made all the tests in question post type and answer post type).

It has to do with editing several times a long question post in a short time.

Issue occurs with the Question post, not the Answers.

Can anyone confirm the behavior ?

Tanks.

• Edited by Jc D Friday, April 13, 2018 7:05 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 7:00 PM
  • I still think what you experience is due to your account not being verified. Maybe the restrictions only apply when an unverified user posts a new question, not when they reply or edit. The only time related issue that has been reported is when any user attempts to post more then about 20 questions/discussions in one day. I myself have never seen the message about being flagged. Making several edits in a short period of time has never been a problem for me.

Friday, April 13, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Your account should have been verified.

Friday, April 13, 2018 10:55 PM
  • Why is this basic but utterly important piece of information not in our Profile (?) ...

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:23 PM
  • Why is this basic but utterly important piece of information not in our Profile (?) ...

You could post a suggestion over here to add this.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=suggest

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:26 PM
  • You're welcome. Another option is to Quick Access\My Settings\Configure Alerts then you would get email response for questions asked or any posts you have subscribed to via Alert Me

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:40 PM