SMS problems Moto Q RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot send SMS messages yet I can receive them.  AT&T is my provider and the text service center # is correct - I have checked multiple times.  What setting do I need to change in order to send text messages?  The phone is unlocked. 

Friday, November 30, 2007 6:30 PM

All replies

• I just sent a note to a friend that uses Text messaging (I think on AT&T) so if he can answer your question, he will

Saturday, December 1, 2007 2:12 AM
  • Just a follow up. 

First, call AT&T to make sure they have you listed as an sms subscriber, you could have all the settings right, but they could be blocking them through the towers(it's happened, nextel does it).

If that isn't the case, go to the xda-forums. They have cab files for every provider available. Even if your settings are correct, it still might not work. My friend had an issue where all his mms messages were being converted to 120x120 images, even if they were 3mp! A simple cab file fixed it. I'm not sure of the exact link, but if navigates to the forum designated for your device and search or ask around for it, you shouldn't have any trouble getting it.

Saturday, December 1, 2007 3:48 PM