Feature request - Better image control RRS feed

• General discussion

• At least for me, one of the last major hurdles with WLW (except for language settings) is greater image control. For example:
    • Control over image encoding. Especially when pasting images from clipboard. A choice between PNG-8/PNG-24 and JPG would be nice. As would color table (for PNG) and compression (for JPG). The current PNG method seems uneven, and often creates hideously large images in what seems to be PNG-24.
    • Untouched images. I also have an issue with the tech preview were images that I meticulously reduced, compressed and saved from photoshop grow in size in WLW. A 16 kb PNG suddenly becomes 18 kb for instance. JPG images can increase a lot more. The size increase can be seen directly in WLW so it is not a blog issue. I dont know what WLW does to the images but it clearly doesn't pass them along untouched. Which makes it all the more important to have more compression control inside of WLW.
    • Direct access to class attribute for images - with a default per blog setting ideally. It would be nice to have the option to replace the style attribute of the align setting with css classes.
    Friday, July 18, 2008 10:13 AM

All replies

• Sorry we haven't replied directly to your thread sooner.  Thanks for all your great feedback.  These will be on our list for considerationin a future release.
    Becky Pezely, Windows Live Writer
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:29 PM