Microsoft working on a fix for Windows Vista Validation Problems today RRS feed

• Question

•  

I called Windows Genuine Advantage customer service and spoke to a live contact - they are aware of the issue and are working as we speak on a fix for this.

This error started appearing after the last 2 automatic updates that I *unfortunately* elected to download and install (I usually delay it for a week or two!).

I did not download any other software and I know it is these 2 automatic updates because it was working one minute and then after the 2 updates, it stopped!

They do not have an ETA - but they took down my contact# and said I will be contacted if there is any update.

I did mention to them that I have an office trip on Monday and I cannot have this problem until Monday - so they are aware of the urgency as well.

I encourage others to contact them and let them know of this - this should have *NEVER* happened!.

Thanks!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 1:59 AM

Answers

• The customer service # that you should call (please note - this is NOT for technical support or technical assistance with Windows Validation!)

Windows Genuine Advantage 1-866-530-6599 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM (Atlantic Time, Monday - Friday) Approximately 2 minutes

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:12 AM

All replies

• that's awesome, just one question, which number did you call and who (which "type" of person) did you ask to speak to? Thanks!
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:05 AM
  • The customer service # that you should call (please note - this is NOT for technical support or technical assistance with Windows Validation!)

Windows Genuine Advantage 1-866-530-6599 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM (Atlantic Time, Monday - Friday) Approximately 2 minutes

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:12 AM
  • This is good news, I suppose.  Let's hope it doesn't take too long.
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 4:43 AM
  • @Ccuriousme: thanks a lot for your activities! Got the same problems. "Vista" seems to be worlds best-selled construction site... Even the worlds 2nd richest man would not be able to pay for

this tremendous amount of working hours all his customers spent @home/@office by trying fixing problem issues with his "genuine products" since they are expensively(!) saled on market. For me this is unpayable because he is wasting my lifetime!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:37 AM
  • I had an online chat with them and they even did not want to admit that it is their problem, just advised me to call Microsoft on Monday (Australia)

Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:33 PM