About Changing Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all! can i ask if the genuine validation of windows xp will be affected too by the support end of microsoft for windows xp? when i try to change the key of windows xp, this is the error that pops-up after I input the cd-key. Im using KeyUpdateTool_enu.exe

"The product key could not be updated on your computer. This may be due to technical difficulties or network conectivity issues."

hope others can help me, thanks!

• Edited by Jed Guinto Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:31 AM

Answers

• No, the activation of Windows XP will not be adversely affected due to the ending of support for Windows XP. Have you tried using the Product Key Update Tool? (click on the Windows XP tab to access it)

Also, make sure your PC has the correct date, timezone and time displayed.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:54 AM

All replies

• No, the activation of Windows XP will not be adversely affected due to the ending of support for Windows XP. Have you tried using the Product Key Update Tool? (click on the Windows XP tab to access it)

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:54 AM
  • There are no changes planned for the activation process for some considerable time yet - although MS have long promised that they will eventually release a patch to remove activation completely from XP, it's likely that this will not happen for at least 5 years yet.

Certainly they have not made any changes that I am aware of in the use of the Product Key Update tool - it's likely that your problem is due to either network problems, or a firewall getting in the way.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:09 PM

Carey Frisch

Thank you Carey, I already Figure out what is the cause of my problem :)
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:28 AM