Windows Vista Home Basic Activation "The product key you typed is already in use" RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I was just reinstall my Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 1.

When I wanted to activate Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 1, an error of:

"The product key you typed is already in use

To activate Windows you will need another Windows Vista Home Basic Product Key"

appeared.

As what I don't understand is that why the activation failed. The product key that I bought is just for me to use, and I never give someone my product key, yet an error of "The product key you typed is already in use."

How would I activate my Windows if this error came up? I don't want to purchase another Windows Vista Home Basic product key and I don't have another Windows Vista Home Basic product key too.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:12 AM

Answers

• "Adrian Khor" wrote in message news:40a92686-f75c-4959-8363-3389da7e9f7f...

Yesterday I was just reinstall my Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 1.

When I wanted to activate Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 1, an error of:

"The product key you typed is already in use

To activate Windows you will need another Windows Vista Home Basic Product Key"

appeared.

As what I don't understand is that why the activation failed. The product key that I bought is just for me to use, and I never give someone my product key, yet an error of "The product key you typed is already in use."

How would I activate my Windows if this error came up? I don't want to purchase another Windows Vista Home Basic product key and I don't have another Windows Vista Home Basic product key too.

Use the Telephone Activation procedures. The product key is already in use - by YOU! telephone activation should work - if the automated responder doesn't accept the key, then call back, and do not respond when asked which service you want - that should force an operator to answer, and you can explain it to them, and resolve the situation.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:22 AM