none
Where are the threads? RRS feed

• Question

• Two things:

1. The threads are gone, and almost every page returns a scripting error as either "sys" or type being undefined. I know there was some sort of system "update" or whatever yesterday.

2. The "contact us" link does not easily show a way to report errors. I could not find ANY way to report errors to Microsoft, and I wasted a good half hour in "click hell".

Friday, February 27, 2009 5:33 PM

Answers

• Tony, I think they're still working on issues with intermittant JS load problems. This may be one server in rotation having an issue, but our ops team is still looking at the problem and trying to nail it down.

Matt

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, February 27, 2009 6:52 PM
  • DaKineTony said:

Two things:

1. The threads are gone, and almost every page returns a scripting error as either "sys" or type being undefined. I know there was some sort of system "update" or whatever yesterday.

2. The "contact us" link does not easily show a way to report errors. I could not find ANY way to report errors to Microsoft, and I wasted a good half hour in "click hell".

Hello-

Issue #1:  We believe this issue to be resolved as of yesterday evening 7:00 p.m. (PST) on 2/27.  Thank you for your patience while this was resolved and please let us know if you see any further problems.

Issue #2:  Whe you say the contact us link, I am curious to know which site and contact us link you are referring to or what site you were on when you hit the contact us link?  If you on any part of the social platform, you should go to this page:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/gp/contactusforum which gives you a few options to submit forum feedback.  I am curious if this is the page you are referring to as to where you spent a half hour.

Forums Help, Support, and Feedback

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:45 PM

All replies

• 1.  Is there a particular forum you're having trouble with?  The forums I've spot checked all seem okay.

2.  We're working to create a better process for the Contact Us system that will make things easier to understand.  In the mean time, this forum is probably the best place to log any issues you're having.  If you can't post to the forums at all, at least for now you can e-mail me at jeremy.kelley AT microsoft.com

-Jeremy

Jeremy Kelley
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Tony, I think they're still working on issues with intermittant JS load problems. This may be one server in rotation having an issue, but our ops team is still looking at the problem and trying to nail it down.

Matt

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, February 27, 2009 6:52 PM
  • DaKineTony said:

Two things:

Hello-

Issue #1:  We believe this issue to be resolved as of yesterday evening 7:00 p.m. (PST) on 2/27.  Thank you for your patience while this was resolved and please let us know if you see any further problems.

Issue #2:  Whe you say the contact us link, I am curious to know which site and contact us link you are referring to or what site you were on when you hit the contact us link?  If you on any part of the social platform, you should go to this page:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/gp/contactusforum which gives you a few options to submit forum feedback.  I am curious if this is the page you are referring to as to where you spent a half hour.

Forums Help, Support, and Feedback

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:45 PM