Chat functionality to portal users. RRS feed

• Question

• We have implemented “Customer Portal Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0” to give our clients online support functionality

We are planning to migrate this to CRM 2011 for our next phase. In this phase we have a requirement of clients to open a chat session with respective representatives (who are CRM users and are sitting in our office in intranet)

FYI, we use office communications server 2007 and it is a Microsoft online service for internal communications.

Would it be ideal for us to rout messages between clients and internal users by using office communicator internally and custom chat bot externally? If yes, can you please help us in how to implement this?

Considering future migrations (office live communications server 2010, Customer Portal Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and CRM 2011) please suggest us the technical possibilities and components we should be using in achieving this goal.

Current Environments: CRM 4.0, Customer Portal Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and office communicator server 2007 R2

Environments for our next phase: CRM 2011, Customer Portal Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and possibly office live communications server 2010

Rajesh C
    • Moved by Kimberlee Johnson Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:47 PM Want to customize Customer Portal to handle external chat (From:Dynamics CRM)
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Rajesh

I would be interested in understanding more on your online support portal, and the requirements you have around chat and collaboration. Are you also looking at internal collaboration between agents, in addition to the chat session between customer and internal anonymous CRM users ?

Appreciate if you can share some additional details.

Thanks

uma

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

I'm thinking to implement similar fonctionnality, to give our customer a direct link to our staff.

So, we already have a free solution for that on our official web site.

I'm not a web devellopper but i don't see any raison that wouldn't work to on the customer portal.

It's called Comm100 and i think it's going to take us 5min to add it tu our customer portal since the application is already customized for us...

I'm going to try this maybe this week.

Wish this can help you.

Sorry for my bad English.

Yoann

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Hi,

I'm thinking to implement similar fonctionnality, to give our customer a direct link to our staff.

So, we already have a free solution for that on our official web site.

I'm not a web devellopper but i don't see any raison that wouldn't work to on the customer portal.

It's called Comm100 and i think it's going to take us 5min to add it tu our customer portal since the application is already customized for us...

I'm going to try this maybe this week.

Wish this can help you.

Sorry for my bad English.

Yoann

Done ! Easy has a copy / paste !
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:32 AM