Home Server from MS action pack claims - evaluation version expires today? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    We are a very small company and have access to Microsoft technology through the Action pack and BizSpark programs.

We’ve been using Windows Home Server for a very modest fileserver / PC backup for around 2 months so far.
    I was checking over the machine last night and noticed in the settings section it said the software was an evaluation copy and that it would expire yesterday (13th Sept 2009)

Checking back today, its still running but says that it will expire today (14th Sept 2009)

What is going on, I thought software through BizSpark and the Action pack was full versions, are we going to lose our company data?

Thanks

Edit: Yes its activated OK
    • Edited by w0010504 Monday, September 14, 2009 9:54 AM picture
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:52 AM

All replies

• Have you tried a reboot?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, September 14, 2009 4:51 PM
  • Yes, I actually switched it off last night as I wasn't sure what would happen over night if I left it on.

I was expecting it not to boot into Windows this morning when I came in but it did.  Also no sign of it rebooting or shutting down every 2 hours like some people had described in other threads I found (although most of the information I have found at evaluation copys is from 2007)

It seems very strage as it also does not show the machine information (CPU speed & RAM) anymore.  When I first built the machine it displayed correctly AMD 2Ghz 1GB of RAM??

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:41 PM
  • I'd love to know whats going on as the error is still the same, expires <insert_todays_date>

Anybody have any idea?  Is the machine just going to stop working one day?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:37 PM