open email form workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

This is probably simple, but I can't figure it out... I want a workflow to open a blank email form. How do I do this?

Al
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:46 PM

Answers

• Workflow is useful to make changes to your crm environment and data, but it doesn't cause immediate form level actions to happen--it works asynchronously, so there is no way to say open a form using a workflow.  You can create a new e-mail record or even send an email automatically with a workflow, but you can't open a form on the screen.

If you want something to open an e-mail form, consider using javascript on change type event and open the create link for an e-mail (if you need to find this, create a new email record and copy the URL before you save it).

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:51 AM

All replies

• Workflow is useful to make changes to your crm environment and data, but it doesn't cause immediate form level actions to happen--it works asynchronously, so there is no way to say open a form using a workflow.  You can create a new e-mail record or even send an email automatically with a workflow, but you can't open a form on the screen.

If you want something to open an e-mail form, consider using javascript on change type event and open the create link for an e-mail (if you need to find this, create a new email record and copy the URL before you save it).

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:51 AM
  • Thanks Joel, much appreciated.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:23 PM