Countdown to connect? RRS feed

• Question

• So I setup Live Mesh for myself. I have 3 work computers, 2 XP Pro, 1 Vista 64. Then 1 XP Pro at home.  They all work great and how I would expect.

So I setup this for my girlfriend. She has XP (don't know) at work and Vista Home at home. When she tries to connect it asks on either side if it is ok to connect and does a 30 second countdown and then drops and doesn't connect.

How do I remove the countdown thing? Or how did I not get it in my setup?

Thanks

Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:04 AM

Answers

• Hey Alpha,

We're seeing some issues on our side that would be causing it.  Please give it a little time and we'll have things back up and working again.

-ken
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:10 AM
  • Hi,

Small note, the countdown is currently mandatory - i.e although it isn't the thing that is stopping the connection (it should automatically connect after 30 seconds, rather than dropping the connection), it is actually expected behaviour to have the countdown, until it either times out or someone hits OK / Cancel.

Hope that helps a bit,

Oren
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hey Alpha,

We're seeing some issues on our side that would be causing it.  Please give it a little time and we'll have things back up and working again.

-ken
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:10 AM
  • Hi,

Small note, the countdown is currently mandatory - i.e although it isn't the thing that is stopping the connection (it should automatically connect after 30 seconds, rather than dropping the connection), it is actually expected behaviour to have the countdown, until it either times out or someone hits OK / Cancel.

Hope that helps a bit,

Oren
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:49 PM
  • Cool well thanks for the update.

Still...I have no idea how it got rid of the countdown. I Just installed it and used it.
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 11:13 PM
  • The countdown for the remote desktop connection will always happen. The fact that the connection is not then established is the issue. It is possible that the network connection on the work side of the pair for your girlfriend's machines is going through a proxy server or is being blocked by the work firewall.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:17 PM