Who To Notify For Ilegal Sales of Pirated Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a coworker who is using that "Windows 7 Loader" file that is posted all over the internet to install the Win 7 O/S for anyone willing to pay $100.  The copy actually shows up as "genuine", but it is not.  I have tried to reason with him but he does not believe he is doing anything wrong!!  I can only hope that the first service pack will be able to identify all of the illegal copies he has been producing, which will also produce many unhappy "customers" who think they have the real thing.   Is there a Microsoft organization that I can report this to anonymously?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Send an email to Microsoft.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:20 PM
  • It doesn't do any good sending them an email as all that happens is the standard repeating canned email replies...

I sent them an email with very specific details of a pirated key and I have watched the count drop on an hr. by hr basis,  this based on VAMT count.

All I received from Microsoft in reply was " what makes you feel the software is being used illegally"

Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:55 PM
  • "rev1775" wrote in message news:4c356bd4-fcdb-43e7-867f-ac02e002a321...

It doesn't do any good sending them an email as all that happens is the standard repeating canned email replies...

I sent them an email with very specific details of a pirated key and I have watched the count drop on an hr. by hr basis,  this based on VAMT count.

All I received from Microsoft in reply was " what makes you feel the software is being used illegally"

Hopefully, one of the purchases will have been MS itself - they cannot ask eBay to take down an auction until they have proved that it's a fake.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Thing is, it isn't a purchase it is a MAK key being offered for free and I have watched the number of uses go from 13,000 to below 11,500 within a week.

Which I explained in my initial email to them.

If there is a microsoft employee here that wants to know all the details feel free to send me an email and I will provide it. 

Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:37 PM
  • "rev1775" wrote in message news:0b1c08dc-22ba-4e80-a381-b39385df4cba...

Thing is, it isn't a purchase it is a MAK key being offered for free and I have watched the number of uses go from 13,000 to below 11,500 within a week.

Which I explained in my initial email to them.

If there is a microsoft employee here that wants to know all the details feel free to send me an email and I will provide it. 

It'll get blocked for sure within a few more weeks.
    AFAIK, MAKs aren't valid for that many installs, legal or not.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, July 12, 2010 12:35 PM